Stubben EZ Control Loose Ring Snaffle Double Broken Bit 2221
Benefits of an EZ Control Loose Ring Snaffle:
• Optimal adaptation through the unique bit-design - flexibility on the sides
• Enhanced effect with minimum pressure on the reins
• Allows gentle and sensitive aids
• Enables easier communication between horse and rider
• Top-class and professional show jumpers inspired us in the development of the EZ-CONTROL-BIT.
• Their horses (show jumpers) often have a very strong impulsion, making it difficult at times for the rider to bring the horse back before each jump.
• When using too severe bits however, horses become too cautious, resulting in a lack of speed and power in the jumping course.
• With the EZ-CONTROL-BIT we have developed a bit which is very effective and has a strong action on demand, yet positioned soft and comfortable in the horse’s mouth.
• The effect of the bit comes into action gently. When the horse accepts the bit, it lies smoothly between tongue and lower jaw.
• Only in moments of disobedience, when the horse resists the riders aid, the leverage action of the bit is initiated. As soon as the horse backs down and accepts the riders aid, the bit acts flexible and soft on the horse’s tongue and bars.
• This particular effect of the EZ-CONTROL-BIT has proved its worth also in the training of young horses. Horse trainers speak of a self-learning-aspect, because many horses begin to correct themselves as soon as the leverage action is initiated.
• The problem when horses become too strong in the riders hands and run away from the rider's aid occurs quite often, not only in show jumping. We have also had very good results in tests with children, who sometimes did not have enough strength to control their ponies when they were too strong or disobedient.
• With the EZ-CONTROL-BIT riders have a more effective impact on the horse, requiring less pressure on the reins.
Benefits of a double-broken snaffle:
• No pressure on the palate
• Balanced weight distribution on tongue and jaw
• Horses can easily be ridden on the bit
• No nutcracker-effect
• More forgiving to mistakes caused by a rider's strong hand or pulling on the reins
Benefits of a Loose Ring Snaffle:
• The free sliding rings of the Loose Ring Snaffle enable the horse to adjust the position of the bit in his mouth. This tends to make the horse relax his jaw and chew the bit, thus encouraging the horse to accept the bit
• When picking up the reins the rings move so that the bit is automatically positioned correctly
• Young horses or inexperienced riders should always gain experience with a loose ring snaffle before trying out a D-Ring Bit or other bits
Stübben Steeltec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer
Widths in cm: 10.5 / 11.5 cm
Widths in inch: 4 1/8" / 4 1/2"
Ring Ø 55 mm - 2 1/4"
Thickness 14 mm
Widths in cm: 12.5 / 13.5 / 14.5 cm / 15.0 / 16.5 / 17.5 cm
Widths in inch: 5” / 5 1/4” / 5 3/4” / 6” / 6 1/2" / 7"
Ring Ø 70 mm - 2 3/4"
Thickness 16 mm
International article number: 2221
Currently in stock: 14cm & 14.5cm; other sizes by pre-order
PLEASE NOTE 10.5cm is not a stocked size, please allow extra time for production & delivery